This is a recipe I got from a FB friend Kelly Canada.
Years ago she made it for me when I was sick.
I have tried several other recipes since but didn’t really like the flavor.
This recipe is both easy and very affordable.
1 organic chicken that is about 3 1/2 lbs.
1 box (big) of chicken broth
Portabello mushrooms sliced
1 bag of baby carrots
1. Mince and sauté the garlic. Set aside.
2. Put the whole chicken in the crockpot.
3. Pour the chicken broth on top.
4. Add a cup or two of water.
5. Add carrots, mushrooms, garlic, dill, salt and pepper
6. Cook on high for 5 hours.
You can also add onions just sauté them with the garlic.
Add celery or any other spices to taste.
We made Jasmine rice in our rice cooker and added it to the soup.
Did you know that when you are sick the chicken broth actually decreases the swelling in the nasal passages?
I just read an article on the medicinal properties of the broth.
Tasty and helpful : )