‘Tis the season for a Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookie!
In this picture we added white chocolate chips but I prefer them without any chocolate.
To make them you will need:
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 Tablespoons of pumpkin puree
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Now for the directions:
1. Melt the butter and then add the brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar. When no lumps remain add the vanilla and pumpkin.
Mix again until smooth.
2. In a large bowl mix the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
3. Pour wet ingredients into bowl with dry ingredients.
The dough will be very soft so put it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. After 30 minutes make balls and roll them into cinnamon sugar mixture.
(remaining 1/2 cup of granulated sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.)
5. Slightly flatten balls and cook for 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.